Holiday Gift Guide: Support Local Small Businesses Online
They're here: holiday gift guides are officially coming to Wear She Blossoms! I know, I know, there are SO many gift guides out there. I always hesitate to do something like gift guides when everybody and their mother shares one. Clicking through my bloglovin' feed and there are at least 20 different ones from stocking stuffers on Amazon to at least five for your husband/boyfriend/male work husband and secret crush.
That's why it's my goal to bring you some unique gift guides that will pretty much make you the gifting queen. Ladies, this one is GOOD. Today I'm sharing with you eight amazing businesses local to the New Jersey and Pennsylvania area who's products I know and love.
1. A good Jersey girl knows there is nothing like the Jersey Shore. When I stumbled upon Claudia Chloe Photography on Instagram with her aerial photos that capture the beautiful Jersey coast line, I needed EVERYTHING. Her online shop has photo cases, prints, and, for 2 weeks only, photo ornaments. Almost all of your favorite Shore points are capture in bright and beautiful color, from my favorite Bradley Beach to Nick's favorite Brigantine.
2. 'Tis the season for whimsical home decor but Asbury Park-based Everyday is a Holiday does it best all year round. Seriously, check out their online space; every item will put a smile on your face. And yes, they're all I fell in love with their donut plaques but the item I'm putting under the tree (and hoping to put on my own tree) are these vintage holiday house ornaments. I also love the "junk food" coffee mugs.
3. There are TONS of candles out there but the only candles I buy over and over and over again are Candelles. Based in Pennsylvania, these hand-poured soy candles smell AMAZING and all of their scents are so unique. While I love the fall collection (I bought chai tea, cranberry balsam, and vanilla maple), their winter collection is too good. Yes, the Santa's Cookies candle does smell like you've got cookies baking in the oven. Which is way better for your holiday body than actually baking cookies.
4. United By Blue has been featured on Wear She Blossoms before (check out my gifts that give back guide!) and I'm bringing them back for this local guide because, well, I love them. UBB has such high quality items and, if you're in the Philadelphia area, you can now visit their brand new flagship store in Old City. These enamel camping mugs are on the top of my list along with socks, graphic tees, and their felt pennants.
5. Pinkly Perfect was a brand I discovered when doing a little small town shopping this summer. It's the perfect Jersey Girl brand (though it's based in PA) and has the cutest sweatshirts, makeup bags, bracelets and more, all with a ton of Jersey Shore fun and sparkle. This one shop will take care of all my girlfriends, from their shore town zipcode bracelets to the totally true phrase sweatshirts like the one above.
6. Home decor is quickly becoming my most purchase holiday gift item as all my friends move into their own homes and start families. Seriously, when did we all get to be so grown up?!? PCB Home, based in Cranbury, NJ, has the most gorgeous home items with fun phrases written in calligraphy. It's so hard to pick my favorite but this "The Snuggle is Real" blanket would look perfect on that grown up couch your friend just got. Or the tried-and-true Ikea one still hanging on from your first apartment (no shame).
7. Going to local craft markets is a great way to support your local small businesses that don't have their own brick-and-mortar location. That's how I discovered Declaration Home from Ewing, NJ and her crazy cool line of decorative home flags and tapestries. These are like your middle aged neighbor's seasonal flags but they're not tacky. I'm obsessed with her holiday collection, including this We Believe wall hanging, and the poster-sized wall decor.
8. If it hasn't been established yet, summer is a glorious season and we can all be a little sad that it's clearly over (as I sit here typing away in a sweater, flannel pants, and wool socks). However, Surf's Up Candles will bring a little Jersey Shore and summer magic to you all year. The mason jar design and beachy scents are perfect for anyone who needs a little summer in his or her life.
As you know, supporting small businesses is something I'm passionate about. My mom owned her own clothing boutique when I was growing up so I know how much time, dedication, and passion it takes to run your own business. Plus the quality and curation offered by small businesses is always so perfect for finding things you won't find anywhere else.