Twenty Things on My August Bucket List
Between the back-to-school displays popping up and people tweeting about "the end of summer", you would think that summer's done now that it's August. And I hate that. There is still so much left of summer! I mean, I'm just going on my actual summer vacation tomorrow, so yea, there's still a little bit left in this season.
Since I'm declaring summer is not over until that first day of school bell rings, here are some of the things on my August bucket list:
1. Go out for ice cream at dusk. Believe me, it's a magical time for ice cream.
2. Eat fresh fruits and veggies (for this Jersey girl it has to be blueberries and corn!)
3. Go to a local summer event. Movie nights, farmers' markets, concerts in the park, there are a million and one reasons to get outside in August.
4. Dip your toes into water- beach, lake, pool, or kiddie pool.
5. Take a day off to do absolutely nothing. It's summer and you deserve it.
6. Head to a pick-your-own farm and put in a little work for some healthy snacks (this is my favorite local spot in NJ!)
7. Is it raining again? What's going on with this summer weather? Bring summer indoors by watching a few summer movies: Mama Mia, Moana, Wet Hot American Summer, and 50 First Dates (all streaming on Netflix!).
8. Eat outside. You're going to need to remember what the sun feels like while sipping a cocktail when we're stuck in an endless winter.
9. Go to a garden center and enjoy everything that's green.
10. Sit outside and listen to music or read a book. It's really very soothing and summer-y.
11. Go for a drive with the windows down.
12. Do a very "summer" make-up look. We're talking dewy skin, fruity lip stain, make it fresh!
13. Go to a fair or an amusement park so you can be hot and sweaty and throw your hands up and yell on that really fast roller coaster.
14. Have a hot dog or hamburger. Sure you can eat these any time of year but don't they taste better in the summer?
15. Find out when golden hour is and snap some really great pictures for Instagram. Okay, this may be a blogger thing but it's also a pro tip since you're going to want to remember your summer tan.
16. Meet up with friends at a beer garden because beer garden season will be over before you know it.
17. Bake a pie. I mean, you can bake a pie any time but there's something about a fresh fruit pie in the summer, right?
18. Go get a pedicure while we're still wearing sandals.
19. Watch a movie outdoors; whether it's in your own backyard, at a public park movie night, or at a drive-in theater (and I'll be so jealous if you do this!)
20. Wear all the summer sundresses in your closet before we're forced to bundle up again!